Wednesday, October 24, 2012

When in Rome

The girls and I took a day trip to Rome this past weekend.  We left Ascoli on the  6AM bus arriving to Rome at 9AM.  We left Rome at 8PM... it was jam packed day but we saw all the big sites in rome!

First we went to the Spanish Steps- they were pretty cool but I thought it was a little overrated and there was a tourist mob scene. 
After the Steps, we walked to the Trevi Fountain.  The fountain was very beautiful, but also PACKED with tourists. We took some pictures, ate our lunch and then moved on.

We walked to the Pantheon and took a quick tour of the inside before moving to our next destination.... the Vatican.


When we got to the Vatican we signed up for a tour through the museum, which then ended up in the Sistine Chapel and then St. Peter's Basilica. It was truly amazing to see how intricate the artwork was in these monuments.  Unfortunately we didn't see the Pope, but being there was pretty cool. 




The last stop of the day was to the Coliseum. Unfortunately it was too late to go inside because it closed at 5, but we still got to check it out.  




I haven't been doing much traveling the past two weekends... We had midterms this week.  Tomorrow I am off on a 12 day adventure.  We start our journey in Torino at the Terra Madre and Salone Del Gusto food conference.  This event is put on by Slow Food and it only occurs every 2 years.  Luckily, it just so happened to take place while we are in Italy :) 

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=J6PJX3LvEk8&feature=player_embedded
^^Press Video of conference

After 4 days of that, I head to Milan, Cinque Terre, Parma, and Bologna to see the beautiful Cecilia Riccardi who I have not seen since high school!!! 



No comments:

Post a Comment